Thursday 30 January 2014

A Testimonal from Jaon Nash

How I wish I could stand on Table Mountain and shout out to all Breast Cancer patients to use Sportron supplements during and after their chemo treatment. After my first “Red Devil” treatment (I preferred to call it tomato juice) on 24th March 2009, I looked and felt awful! Some of the side effects of chemo that I experienced were exhaustion, pretty bad headaches mostly in the evenings, great big sores in my nostrils, on my lips, inside my mouth and that yuckie metallic taste in my mouth resulting in loss of appetite. Of course my hair started to fall out exactly 13 days after the first “tomato juice”. Not a pretty sight but with the phenomenal love & support of my husband, Paul, children Jackie, Darren & daughter-in-law Elise, our grandson Matthew, family & friends I thought I would get through it… Jane Burger came into my life a week before my second “tomato juice”. Her son Kyle asked me if I had heard of Sportron (Kyle has his own handy man business and was doing a job for us) as they have supplements that would help me through my treatments. I was very pessimistic and told him so, but Jane could come by and I would sort of listen to her! Poor Jane walked into my home with me standing crossed arms, not giving her much attention and looking and feeling like uuuuuuggggghhhh!!! Of course I did not believe her and asked her to come back that evening when Paul was at home. He immediately saw what I refused to believe, encouraging me to give them a try. I faxed the information on the 4 products to my oncologist at the Donald Gordon in Parktown, because I was not going to take anything unless she O.K. them! To my absolute astonishment my doctor confirmed that I could take the Omegatone 3, Ultragard Forte, Phytogard and Calcium Forte (not the Calcitone as it contains too much Vitamin C)! She also said I couldn’t be on anything better. Of course I immediately started with the supplements and used the Tooth Gel on the sores in my mouth and nostrils throughout the day. To my utter surprise they disappeared within 3 days WOW! What a difference I started feeling a bit human again! When I went to my surgeon at the Park Lane Clinic for my check-up she also confirmed that I could use Sportron. She was very pleased to see that I was doing so well during the 6 months of chemo. I simply cannot believe how much Sportron has helped me. I had a kidney infection in July and my oncologist prescribed antibiotics which didn’t really help so I used Uritron and again felt better within days. These past 14 months have just flown by and tomorrow 28th May 2010 I have my second last Hersepton treatment (it’s an antibody of which I have had 15) as my breast cancer was genetic and HER2C positive. I had a mastectomy in February 2009, it seems like a life time away! I’m so glad to that I have an awesome new friend who has been through this journey with me. Thank you Jane for taking me for my treatments, your love and support is unbelievable. For all the laughter that you brought into my life and to those of the other chemo patients, thank you! Take great care of yourselves. Regards Joan Joan Nash 27th May 2010 Waterford Estate East, Waterford, Fourways.

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, what would you prescribe to someone that have been diagnosed with breast cancer last year, September 2020? She had a mastectomy and 20 lymph nodes removed under the arm and didn't used chemotherapy.

    ReplyDelete